Our History

Marion Bank & Trust Company began as a community bank organized by local businessmen. Originally chartered March 15, 1934, we officially opened the seventeenth day of the same month. Capital stock of the bank was composed of 500 shares at a par value of $50.00. This stock was sold for $60.00 per share, providing a capital of $25,000 and a surplus of $5,000. Thirty-five original stockholders subscribed for this stock.

A new building was constructed at 601 S. Washington Street in Marion in 1973. A new branch was built at 2400 HWY 80 West in Selma in 2008.

The history of Marion Bank & Trust Company reflects its steady growth. We know our future growth depends on customers and friends who have entrusted their business to us.
Debit Card lost or stolen?

Call 1-800 554 8969
Marion Office
601 S. Washington Street
Marion, AL 36756
(334) 683-6131
(334) 683-6535 fax
Privacy Statement
Selma Branch
2400 U.S. Hwy 80 W.
Selma, AL 36701
(334) 877-2214
(334) 877-2238 fax
Adobe Reader


Site designed by: Madden & Associates, Inc.